- Upcoming Shows November 1st & 2nd, 2013
""The guitar master is one of the greatest slide guitar players anywhere…."
~ The San Francisco Chronicle
"Rogers is an exceptionally articulate slide guitarist, either he's scorching Robert Johnson's "Ramblin' Blues" or taking a lovely, lyrical journey...or rockin' it out. One of the rare guitar heroes who values feeling over flash."
~ Rolling Stone
Friday November 1st @ 8PM: Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings with Special Guest Carlos Reyes: The Napa Valley Opera House 1030 Main Street- Napa, CA - (707) 226 7372
Saturday November 2nd @ 8PM: Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings: The Palms Playhouse-18 Main Street- Winters , CA - (530) 795 1825
- Real Roadhouse Blues: 27 4 Ever reviews "Twisted Tales"
- Twisted Tales... is worth a close listen and rewards a careful listener too. [Read More...]
- Roy Rogers Fall Update
Here in Nevada City, California the crisp fall air has hit us and the fireplace is roaring at night.
We hope you're enjoying the gorgeous fall colors and look forward to seeing you at these upcoming shows!
Please encourage your community, friends and family to continue to sign up for Roy's newsletter - a lot of great news and historic footage is being gathered for the coming months.
Thanks to all of you for turning out in droves for last month's shows.
All that dancing in the aisles and on the table tops has got to stop!
You want to get us arrested? Just kidding...... :) Happy Fall!!
- 'Twisted Tales' Review in Oct issue of Living Blues Magazine
- "Music is about stretching boundaries- Ray and I both believed that and pursued it together".
- Roy Rogers slides into Place
- ‚ÄúMusic is about communicating whatever soul or whatever power you have within you with other people,‚ÄĚ Rogers said. ‚ÄúIt takes two. You don‚Äôt just play for yourself. For me, music is one of the most powerful forces in the world to communicate to people. Period.‚ÄĚ [Read More...]
- 'Chops Not Chaps' Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings Rock The Blues
- Slide guitarist Roy Rogers and his band play their blues at full force. There's not much that's traditional or laid back about their music.
"It's a fasten-your-seat-belts-and-let-it-all-hang-out kind of thing," Rogers says. "We rock up the blues and cover a range of songs. I always tell people to bring their dancing shoes because we like to stretch out." [Read More...]
- Roy Rogers & Special Guests Perform Robert Johnson Songs
- Tracy Nelson, Marcia Ball, Irma Thomas & Roy Rogers perform Robert Johnson Songs.
- Slide guitarist Roy Rogers talks ‚ÄėTwisted Tales‚Äô final album with Ray Manzarek
- Twisted Tales was released on June 18th 2013 and dedicated to the memory of Ray Manzarek. The unlikely musical duo of Manzarek and Rogers substantiated the concept ‚Äúopposites attract,‚ÄĚ and in this case‚Ä¶ beget innovative, eclectic, and obscure musical magic. Although Rogers is perceived for slide guitar and delta blues, Twisted Tales is a completely new adventure.
- Slide Guitar King; Roy Rogers and The Delta Rhythm Kings Perform in Carson City
- On Saturday, Rogers will bring his own band, the Delta Rhythm Kings, to Carson City in a benefit for the Comstock Residents Association, a group with a stated mission to "preserve and protect the Virginia City National Historic Landmark and its historic communities of Gold Hill, Silver City, Dayton and Virginia City, " which they say is threatened by open pit surface mining. [Read More...]
- Roy Rogers August Update
Almost the end of summer - and plenty of chances to catch up with your favorite slide guitar player.
Roy and DRK hit a benefit in Carsen City, Nevada this week - end on Saturday August 3rd and then play Folsom on Sunday August 4th.
Check the August dates coming right up. Hope to see you at these upcoming shows!! :)
Cheerro! ~ from London Town (across the pond for a bit...) :) :) - All the best, Gaynell