- Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center Hosts Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings
- Modern master of the slide guitar Roy Rogers, and his band The Delta Rhythm Kings, will provide an electrifying start to the annual Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center New Yearâ€™s Eve Celebration at the Bankhead Theater. The performance will begin at 8 p.m. Dec. 31 and will include a complimentary champagne and dessert reception in the Bankhead Theater lobby immediately following the performance.
Read full story at: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11433226.htm [Read More...]
- Roy Rogers slides into Place
- â€śMusic is about communicating whatever soul or whatever power you have within you with other people,â€ť Rogers said. â€śIt takes two. You donâ€™t just play for yourself. For me, music is one of the most powerful forces in the world to communicate to people. Period.â€ť [Read More...]
- 'Chops Not Chaps' Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings Rock The Blues
- Slide guitarist Roy Rogers and his band play their blues at full force. There's not much that's traditional or laid back about their music.
"It's a fasten-your-seat-belts-and-let-it-all-hang-out kind of thing," Rogers says. "We rock up the blues and cover a range of songs. I always tell people to bring their dancing shoes because we like to stretch out." [Read More...]
- Slide Guitar King; Roy Rogers and The Delta Rhythm Kings Perform in Carson City
- On Saturday, Rogers will bring his own band, the Delta Rhythm Kings, to Carson City in a benefit for the Comstock Residents Association, a group with a stated mission to "preserve and protect the Virginia City National Historic Landmark and its historic communities of Gold Hill, Silver City, Dayton and Virginia City, " which they say is threatened by open pit surface mining. [Read More...]
- Door's Keyboardist founding member Ray Manzarek dies at 74
- By The Associated Press
Ray Manzarek, a founding member of the 1960s rock group The Doors, died May 20, 2013, in Rosenheim, Germany, after being stricken with bile duct cancer. He was 74.
Manzarekâ€™s versatile and often haunting keyboards complemented the gloomy baritone of The Doorsâ€™ lead singer, Jim Morrison, and helped to set the mood for some of rockâ€™s most enduring songs.
- Ray Manzarek, 74, Keyboardist and a Founder of the Doors, is Dead.
- Ray Manzarek, who as the keyboardist and a songwriter for the Doors helped shape one of the indelible bands of the psychedelic era, died on Monday at a clinic in Rosenheim, Germany. He was 74.
The cause was bile duct cancer, according to his manager, Tom Vitorino. Mr. Manzarek lived in Napa, Calif.
- Slide king Roy Rogers hits Harrahs
- Slide guitar great Roy Rogers will bring his unmistakable style to South Lake Tahoe this weekend, playing Harrahâ€™s South Shore Room Saturday night.
Roy Rogers has been a blues man almost as long as he can remember. Born in Redding, Calif., in 1950, Rogers became immersed in the genre at a young age, finding blues roots in the developing folk and rock music scenes. [Read More...]
- NPR's Morning Edition Host Bob Edwards Interviews Roy Rogers
- Thought you all might enjoy this NPR interview of Roy Rogers - who happened to be in the studio with Rolling Stone's keybordist Chuck Leavell
at NPR in D.C. years ago - a great exchange and a really fun interview by the great journalist and music fan Bob Edwards in 2002. Enjoy!